We are delighted to announce the plans for the Easter 4 Day events: a sprint, and 3 multiday distance forest events all centred on the Waitarere Beach forests. Each event will have a unique feel, and are brought to you by Red Kiwis, Orienteering Hutt Valley, and Orienteering Wellington. All systems are “go”!
- Day 1 (Good Friday): Sprint at Palmerston Boys High and Queen Elizabeth College.
- Day 2 (Saturday): Watchtower, multiday.
- Day 3 (Easter Sunday): Hydrabad, longer multiday
- Day 4 (Easter Monday): Whirokino, shorter multiday
To help you plan your travel…
Friday’s first start is 1 pm
Monday’s course closure is 2 pm.
Click these links to access the start lists for each day. Please check for updates before travelling.
- Day 1, Palmerston North Sprint
- Day 2, Watchtower Multiday
- Day 3, Hydrabad longer Multiday
- Day 4, Whirokino shorter Multiday
Good Friday Sprint (Winsplits link)
Saturday Multiday (Winsplits link)
Easter Sunday (Winsplits link)
Also map files for the various courses. Click on the course name to link to the map: M20/21E; W20/21E, Red Long, Red Medium, Red Short, Orange, Yellow, White.
Monday (Winsplits link). Due to a peripatetic control, courses 1 (M20E, 21E); 2 (W20E, 21E), and 3 (Red Long Open and Women grades) are designated as invalidated for official purposes as people were differently effected during the event.
Lost and Found Items
We have three items unclaimed after the end of the Whirikino events. Each description is a link to an image. Contact us if you need to reclaim a treasured item.
- A pair of black white and blue Nike slides
- A pair of black/white Adidas trainers
- A Kathmandu three legged stool
There is a mini-bulletin (mostly a PDF version of the Event Information page) available for you to download and print. Click this link.
In keeping with our “no frills” theme, the entry fees are lower than you would expect for Nationals.
$30/adult, $20/junior in forest; sprint at $20/10)
We hope you will consider passing on savings to an approved cyclone relief fund.
Opportunity for a high school-aged student. Do you have a high-school aged person looking to earn a little cash over the Easter events? Warwick, our coffee cart supplier has lost a helper and says “are you able to advertise if anyone has a high school age student who will be there and would like to earn some cash? They will take orders, and do payments to free me up to serve drinks. They may be able to finish after lunch it goes quiet.”
Coffee cart secured! Those who were at QB22 weekend will remember the popular cart from the school business group in Palmerston North. This will be with us over Easter.
Another very popular part of QB22 food supplies returns as well – Swede Sweets. Wonderful treats from the northern hemisphere will be there whilst stocks last.
1. Michael Wood will bring the Mapsport shop for orienteering supplies at the three forest events. See the website, and consider contacting Michael in advance. https://www.mapsport.co.nz/
2. Grassy Knoll Outdoor will not have a shop at the event, so it is best to order from www.grassyknoll.co.nz in advance. Consider taking advantage of the free event pickup shipping option.
Event format. To keep the event simple, there will be age grades for 20E and 21E only, with white to red courses available for the remaining grades. The three forest events are multiday distances – a bit shorter than a long, so you can comfortably run three of them without your body deciding to just head home.
Easter Entries Now Open!
Easter 4 Day Plans Announced
The event will be run under the NZ Foot Orienteering Rules.